Apart from it being the hottest day of the year and the ExCeL London letting its visitors suffering from the heat (I am sure that when Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company taken over the building in 2008 they could have fitted in some aircon) the cloudforce 2012 ( www.salesforce.com/uk/cloudforce/ ) event was impressive.
Two big take always
· IT’S A BUSSINES PLATFORM, MOTHER!
Salesforce has built a platform that can compete at the same level as Amazon, Google or Microsoft. But if you’re building business apps force.com would be the place to do it
· BIG ECO SYSTEM AND MARKETING PLACE
Salesforce has huge eco system to help customer with anything want to build or find on appexchange
the Key note..
George Hu the COO is an average presenter, he spent most time shooting at me like when SteveB does DEVEOPER, DEVELOPER.. Still got a lot to learn from the likes of Marc Benioff and John Chambers
1. The best customer story was the end of the keynote from Toyota with how their CEO was opened up to this new world of social media
2. Spotify would be next with http://youtu.be/YMNlxqJG0fk “How Spotify Uses Rypple for Social Performance Mgmt”
3. Activision and the Social Enterprise http://youtu.be/etZKaEaXSHg
In general I got a lot from the keynote, but could have been cut in half. I felt half the time had “b rolls” of customer using iphones and ipads to show their own websites.
An amazing expo for everybody. If you’re a developer, business person or an IT Pro you could go very very deep to very very high.
Every question I had could be answered, which is impressive. Many event I got to (which I have to pay for) don’t have all the people I need to answer my questions.@1 year ago